Saturday, August 14, 2010

Kelly Brook reacts to her bikini controversy

Kelly Brook has lashed out at critics of her Hollywood film debut. The 30-year old model has been criticized for appearing in a bikini in nearly all of her scenes in the horror flick Piranha 3-D.

“If people want to cast me in roles for my body or how I look, I’m just doing to embrace that because that’s not going to be the case forever,” the Daily Mail quoted Brook as saying. “It doesn’t make me any less important than anyone else in the movie just because I’m in a bikini. That’s just the role I play. It’s as much a part of the story as the piranhas and everything else,” she added.

She had earlier landed a role in teen drama ‘Skins’. She will be playing a sexy fitness instructor called Jemima in one episode.

“Kelly is very funny in it. She is great as a really sexy fitness instructor who drives the boys wild,” the Sun quoted an insider as saying.

Brook has filmed her part this week, and she is the latest star to cameo in the E4 series – following singer Will Young and comedian Bill Bailey. She has also appeared in telly dramas ‘Smallville’ and ITV1’s ‘Marple’ as well as West End plays ‘Fat Pig’ and ‘Calendar Girls’.

No comments:

Post a Comment