Monday, August 23, 2010

'I have been really lucky'


Salma Hayek has revealed that she considers herself "really lucky" to be getting offered acting roles in Hollywood.

The Grown Ups star admitted that finding work at the start of her career was "hard" due to her accent.

The Mexican actress told Sky News: "I have been really, really lucky. It was really hard at the beginning because of the accent to find roles for me.

"Now after 20 years they're beginning to get used to me, so now I am beginning to work - now I don't want to work so much because I have a family."

Hayek, who was nominated for an Oscar for her portrayal of Frida Kahlo, has also produced shows such as Ugly Betty.

The 43-year-old added: "I do have to work really hard, but I am in a really good place. A lot of people work really hard and don't get to see results.

"Maybe I would never have been a producer and director if things had just gone my way easily."

No comments:

Post a Comment